5 THINGS I WOULD BRING TO A DESERTED ISLAND

 



My dream come true.  Time alone. To live in peace, to read a book without interruption, to enjoy a snack out of hiding. So I would be lying if I said there weren’t times I just got lost.

Maybe on the way home. Maybe in a store. And sometimes – sometimes, I’d like to get lost on a deserted island far, far away from the hustle, bustle, and most people's demands of every day life.




Of course, I love the life I live. Don’t get me wrong. But it can be, well, overwhelming at times.  I'm needed all the time.  There are no breaks, especially as a freelancer. So to say I need a break is an understatement.

So follow me on this dream for a moment, would you?

If I could take a little vacation to a deserted island where NO ONE could bother me and there were no to-do lists, I’d pack a few necessities. Since I’m just going to assume there are no demands, no requirements of me to figure out how to stay alive (because, let’s face it, that’s another responsibility and we’re avoiding those right now), and no to-do lists, we’re going to be completely vain with this dream.

#1 – It’s essential for me to relax, so I’d need my favorite pillow and blanket.  I mean, what’s a good, uninterrupted nap or read if not for a comfortable, satisfying place to lay my head?



#2 – I’d want to enjoy my favorite snack food. No requirements for health or sustainability, so I’d bring my absolute favorite: Chicken wings. This stuff is Yummy. Amazing. Crazy good. I literally take my fufu and rice with chicken wings. I eat pieces of this stuff like it’s necessary for my survival. And I would not be happy without it’s existence on my deserted island.



#3 – My Phone, and not for the phone calls or texts or news apps.  Simply for the games, books and music! It’s relaxation time, folks. And reading and catching up on mundane things is the name of the game. Plus, this covers the camera need, too. And I know this is supposed to be my alone time, but I might be guilty of placing at least one FaceTime call to let my friends and family know I'm safe. Don’t judge, you know you would, too!



#4 – My journal.  I love to write and record my thoughts and feelings. Sure, I guess I could do that on my phone, but I’m a good old fashioned pencil (or awesome set of pens) girl, and I love writing things down on a crisp, clean piece of paper.




#5 – This last one is a toss up, because I’m supposed to be enjoying my alone time, but I love spending time with animals, so I might have to steal my neighbour's puppy along. Besides, animals are known stress-reducers! Or maybe I should have my one friend come along. We never get any time together, after all.  Hmm …

What about you? What would you take on your little getaway? Make it count, people!


Spread the Love


Comments

  1. A laptop with internet, food And a Football πŸ˜…πŸ˜

    ReplyDelete
  2. A phone with unlimited data, a 4 wheel bike 😁, my bestie🀞, my favorite snacks πŸ˜‹, and a backpack of camping tools and equipment

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TOP 5 ADVICES I HAVE EVER BEEN GIVEN. (THE BEST)

A DAY I WILL NEVER FORGET