A LETTER TO MY FUTURE SELF


 

Dear Future Me (37 years old),

How’s life? I hope you are in good shape. Though I am a big glutton as of this moment – eating out the stress from all the shits of this life – I am still hoping that you are in a good condition: healthy, happy, and financially stable. The least thing I could imagine you right now (knock on wood) is for you to be in bed, chained with all the apparatuses in this world to artificially sustain life.

Have you met Denzel Washington yet? Were you able to travel to Ireland with Lyn to meet Colin Morgan? Gosh, I'm shaking. Were you able to spend your honey moon in the Maldives? Was it as adventurously awesome and breathtaking as the way they projected it on those pictures and videos you have been repeatedly watching? How was your interview on the Delay Show with Deloris Frimpong Manso. I hope she didn't drain you that much. (Hahahaha)

Have you fully-documented all the sunrise and sunsets you’ve seen? How’s the blog? Did it gain more viewership, or you’ve totally given up its existence? Are you still even writing? What keeps you busy these days?

Surely, I’ve got tons of questions to ask. But more than anything else, I hope you are happy with all the decisions you’ve made. Life’s never easy; and never fair. I know troubles will always be along your way – to which, I believe, you have courageously faced head on. I hope you stood still on your beliefs and values and did not succumb to the willful demand of society.

And most importantly, I wish you are with someone who celebrates your accomplishments and stays despite your failures and imperfections. Someone who understands and adore you– whom you can openly debate and discuss with. I hope you were patient enough to wait. And wise enough to understand whatever the universe has planned for you. I hope you are able to keep up with the amount of goodness you are exposed to. Please extend my greetings to those adorable twins of yours. Yessss. As the media practitioner and business tycoon you are, I hope you are giving back to society as you've always promised.

I trust that you remain faithful to the One who made all things possible and that You never give up on God. I hope you continue to raise awareness about childhood cancer and be a part of the people who make positive impacts in your country Ghana.🇬🇭

Lastly, I am hoping that you are happy. And contented. I know it’s ridiculous to achieve everything I wanted at this age; to accomplish this so-called bucketlist. But I do pray that you are not giving up the idea of traveling the world and making a difference in the lives of the people that you have come upon with.

I look forward to meeting you. May your dreams remain bold and your courage rise to meet them.

With Lots of love,
Your 22 year old self
Xoxo!!

Comments

  1. (Maldives)Angel please I dont understand that word

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maldives is a private island in southern Asia. It's known for its beautiful beaches and the serenity it brings. The place is beautiful Charley.

      Delete
  2. Amen! All shall come to pass. 🙏. All of our dreams can come to pas if we have the courage to pursue them! Press on my dear! 🙌🥇💕

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 THINGS I WOULD BRING TO A DESERTED ISLAND

TOP 5 ADVICES I HAVE EVER BEEN GIVEN. (THE BEST)

A DAY I WILL NEVER FORGET