MY GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT

An achievement. The spelling even says it all. Well.
People normally set goals or targets and it's likely they might fail or not. I don't think accomplishing something is only when you achieve the ultimate goal but rather just bringing up the idea and going for it is a win-win for me. Yeahhh.


"ALL MEN WHO HAVE ACHIEVED GREAT THINGS HAVE BEEN GREAT DREAMERS" -Orison Swett Marden.



My greatest achievement so far would be when I participated in last year's Miss Ghana beauty pageant. And like Orison said, I started by dreaming. I can still remember myself in the bathroom imagining boarding a car from Tema to Accra, auditioning and rejoicing because I was picked by the Judges. All this imagination in the bathroom. Funny huh? Ikr.


I literally put my Job on the line with my decision to audition for the pageantry and that was one of the most difficult decisions I had to make in my entire life. Thanks to the one friend I confided in who urged me on. (No need to mention his name. Some nosy readers I personally know, Lol). And that is how I found myself at the Tang palace hotel with a playlist I deliberately made for "vimming" reasons. I auditioned and wheeeew,I made it. No one was happy and scared at the same time more than me. Looking back now, I think it's normal.


I've achieved a lot of things but I chose the pageantry as the greatest because it made me come out of my comfortable zone and taught me some lifetime lessons. Mheeerrrn, the pageantry squeezed, squashed and mashed me up into who I am today. It made me more confident and poised. The networking part was simply amazing. I learnt how to think on my feet and how to understand different people with different backgrounds. It challenged me to do my best. There were times when I cried myself to sleep and even thought of giving up. A typical example is when I didn't have any idea of a project I had to bring up and I had to cry in front of the youth executives in my church. (Eheh. Don't you ever think I'm a cry baby!) IT WAS DIFFICULT.


I had to catch up fast or else I would slack. I had to keep up with time. Staying up late due to rehearsals and waking up at dawn to board a troski all the way to Osu for workout. Now that was something. Sleeping is my number one hobby and look at me sacrificing it. I tried.  My fellow contestants were amazing. They've been supportive even after the contest and that has been great. But you know, I didn't win. Nineteen girls went to the grande-finale and nine had to drop. I believe it was God, votes and my hard work that took me to Top10. Yeah. And that was my end. My colleagues made the atmosphere extremely blissful that my tears decided to go on a leave at that particular moment. We all worked hard and we were proud to be a part of the life changing program we took part in.



(Don't go, I'm almost done). I've achieved a lot from the contest regardless of the fact that I didn't win the crown, cash and car. My participation has been my greatest achievement so far and trust me, I'm not going to end there. I would strive and thrive further until I reach the apex of my dreams. To you, who's reading this post, YOU CAN DO IT. You've failed once, twice or maybe even more. I don't know, but what I know is that it's not over until it's over. Failures are meant to happen but you choose to fight again or give up. And I would obviously opt for fighting again. What have we got to lose if things doesn't go well. And so? Then what? So far as you have life, we keep on keeping on. (It's okayyyy. I know, Lol) I've achieved a lot more than those who didn't even try at all. I hope you start trying from today, from this very moment. BE COURAGEOUS! GREATNESS AWAITS YOU!








-/data/user/0/com.samsung.android.app.notes/files/clipdata/clipdata_200703_170836_277.sdoc-->

Comments

  1. That's awesome sweetheart ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice piece❤️πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ’―

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww babes😘, sometimes life is not all about winning tho, I know for sure that one day u will make it πŸ”₯πŸ”₯✊✊ God can

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He surely will make it. πŸ™πŸΏπŸ’ͺ🏿❤πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing dear! Thanks for the motivation too! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always make a move when have a dream.I really love this piece.LATONYE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loool. This latonye dierrrrrr πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Ma guyyyπŸ˜‚❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is a masterpiece.... Keep it up... The sky, is was and never will be the limit...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww a heart felt message. INSPIRING ❤πŸ”₯πŸ™πŸΏ

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 THINGS I WOULD BRING TO A DESERTED ISLAND

TOP 5 ADVICES I HAVE EVER BEEN GIVEN. (THE BEST)

A DAY I WILL NEVER FORGET