DEPRESSION IS REAL

 




It's been a minute. Yessss I know!!! Hello deariessss! Welcome to my world. I've missed you more. I hope you're good and you're doing everything you can to survive in this world. You got it. You will be fine. We will be fine. So yeah!! I got into a competition which was basically about content creation and I didn't want to have a divided attention hence I decided to focus on the competition. I mean, who doesn't like cash? (Hahahaha) Anyway, let's get into today's post.

Depression has become a household word where people use it anyday and anyhow. "Oh I'm so depressed", "I've been depressed lately", "This music is so depressing" and other examples. It became super trendy especially when pop musicians like Juice world, xxxtentacion, Lil Uzi Vert and Denzel curry started confessing about their struggles and everyone thought it was cool. So it has become some sort of "Flex" to be depressed which has made it quite impossible to differentiate between who is actually feeling depressed and who is using it for the flex. Either ways, always try and be there for anyone who voices out that he or she is depressed even when they post it on social media which is now the norm.

I have been in and out of depression and I feel it sort of happens at every stage in my life and I kind of agree since I'm naturally an over thinker. But two weeks ago was something else. I was soo depressed and the cause of it was mainly family matters and little from my side. Pressure from family, one friend I care about judging me from a decision I took, anxious about the future and generally Sad. I just didn't want to get of out bed plus I felt completely isolated and depersonalized. Wheeeeew!! I just don't want to let anyone down and I feel that mindset indirectly frustrated me. But what have you people been saying now a days? I'm the preacher who is supposed to be doing what she says. The preacher who is supposed to take her own medicine before anyone does. I get it. I think the people close to me know that the writer of this post does not like sharing her issues and yes I got over my depression by myself and with the help of God. It took a friend to open up to me about his mental health for me to address mine. I was going through a similar situation and so as he recounted his problems and I started advising him, it was then that I realized that I had to take my own advice.


You see, our mental health can be triggered at anytime since we are still growing, trying to find our own paths, trying to fit in, trying to make sense out of a lot of things, trying to find our purpose and even trying to get a higher G.P.A(lol). It is so okay to be stressed or even depressed. Maybe some people might not experience it till the day they die but It doesn't mean you are abnormal for being depressed. It is so normal but what is not normal is when suicidal thoughts set in. Get help as soon as possible when you get any hints that you're diving into the pool of depression. Some of us have strong will powers or we can say we are quite knowledgeable with the issue of mental health that we deal with it on our own but not everyone is like us. So here are 3 Tips that I think can help you:

1. Seek medical attention/Talk to someone.
Medical attention because I think doctors or therapists can help you to go through your situation and may even recommend antidepressants for you. If not, you can talk to someone. Believe me, talking to someone helps a lot. It gives you some sense of relief and relaxation. You can try it.


2. Take a break from your environment or from whatever have been stressing you. If you can't take an absolute break, add a section to your schedule where you are supposed to get a little time for break. Do something different aside from your normal activities, it helps.


3. Turn to God.
I learnt recently from mid-week service in my church that Jesus is the only living water who can fill your thirst. So stop searching for answers outside or seeking validation from others. Just go to God, talk to him, ask him to heal your heart and relieve you from all distress. He is a God of his words. He won't disappoint you.

Just know that you are not alone. Suicide is not an option. You have greater things to achieve and depression is one of the obstacles so let's try to overcome it. We will be fine. We will be okay and we will make it. Until next Friday beautiful people.... I'm out!

Love,
Angel❤.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 THINGS I WOULD BRING TO A DESERTED ISLAND

TOP 5 ADVICES I HAVE EVER BEEN GIVEN. (THE BEST)

A DAY I WILL NEVER FORGET