#FIXTHECOUNTRY


 

Hi Fam!! Am I the only one who feels the days are running? Was it not just now that I said goodbye? And now another Friday is here? Wow! Just wow! Okay so welcome to my beautiful blog. The only asset I have in my life and so count yourself lucky if you're on here. Lol(That was just by the way). Today's post is dedicated to a movement which is happening right now in Ghana. It is about the youth of Ghana asking the government to fix the country. Just that! Just that. So don't go away, just stay with me and have a beautiful ride. See you at the bottom of my post.

I grew up in a household where people automatically rooted for the National Patriotic Party(NPP) and so I knew that party before any other one. I went to school and I heard about the National Democratic Congress(NDC) and I just fell in love with the party. The truth of the matter is that I couldn't resonate with the party i formerly mentioned because i don't want something that a lot of people like. (That's how i live my life though) I don't like the trends. I don't like to go where everyone is going. I want to be the person who goes left when everyone is going right. I don't know but that's how I am so yeah!!

Fast forward, I followed every party's reign since former president Kuffour's time till date and I finally realised that both parties don't care about the citizens but themselves. From what I concluded in the study of each party, I can say they both failed me in so many ways hence my decision to be a neutral voter or citizen. I'm telling you people, I'm not for NPP either am I for NDC. This was the mindset I had and that is what I used in the 2020 election. For both MP and presidential, I voted for who I thought could do the Job better. Is that not what Patriotic citizens are supposed to do? When did this "even if it is a pig who is standing for my party I would vote for it no matter what come may" start? I think the problem with us the citizens is that we can't call out our party because we feel they give us something (cash, connections etc) and so we would be proving to be ungrateful. My mum once gave me this advice which I can't quote directly but I remember her saying that you shouldn't allow someone to mistreat or misuse you just because they helped you. The fact that you've helped me doesn't mean that I can't question some of the decisions you make regarding my life. The fact that you give me something doesn't mean I should condone your behaviour towards me and everyone else. I have benefited from NPP before I won't lie, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't hold them accountable if they promised something and they didn't deliver.

#FixTheCountry is a movement by the youth and other concerned citizens. We are tired of how our leaders are playing with our minds. We are tired of how money which can be channelled into our education system are being used on the mistresses of our male leaders in power. We are tired of the money embezzlement, poor education and health systems, poor roads, unfinished projects which have been abandoned, galamsey, non potable water, bad electricity and a whole lot of problems. The problems are uncountable. Ghana is 64 years and we are still underdeveloped. We are not saying that the government can fix the country to become like America which I personally think it can be possible but all we are saying is that they should start. They should just start. The sitting government promised that there would be creation of Jobs, it's been five years now and still nothing. We've come to the conclusion that our leaders do not care about us at all. Not one bit. Kwame Nkrumah said that the black man was capable of handling his own affairs but with the way things are going, I think he will be reconsidering the statement he made in his grave. It actually saddens my heart that people who support NPP think that it is a movement caused by the NDC to tarnish their image or something. I repeat, this is not a political based movement. This movement is for Ghana. Each and every citizen. So just add your voice because you won't die. Do you know what you'll be doing, you will be adding your voice to one of the greatest revolution Ghana will ever witness in relation to our system. You will be helping Ghana on it's journey to transformation. We are doing this for us and the next generation to come.

I'm so happy to be a part of this movement. I love activism and I'm so glad I got involved. I would be writing about 10 pages if I should continue. So yessss, we meet at the bottom of my post. You actually stayed. Thank you. You can also add your contribution on the comment section below. Let's meet next week Friday. #FixTheCountry

Love,
Angel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 THINGS I WOULD BRING TO A DESERTED ISLAND

TOP 5 ADVICES I HAVE EVER BEEN GIVEN. (THE BEST)

A DAY I WILL NEVER FORGET