LET'S TALK ABOUT COMMUNICATION

 



Hellooooo world, welcome to my plug. A platform where you get inspired, receive good vibes and get to experience an awesome read. I decided to talk about communication. Kindly scroll down to read what I have for you. Don't forget to leave a comment for me to know your thoughts on the post. Now, let's get to it.


Communication plays a fundamental role in our day to day activities. Imagine a life where there's no communication. You just imagine. I mean now. Oh I'm waiting for you. 1, 2, 3. Alright. If you imagined it you would possibly come to the conclusion that the world will be full of chaos and if you didn't imagine it too, we move. Well, that was just by the way.


I have personally suffered because I didn't communicate and I have benefited from communication. I have suffered a lot but the one I can vividly remember is losing my relationship. He was doing something that really bothered me and I didn't have the nerve to tell him so we both could find a solution to it. Rather, I coiled myself in my shell and started giving him attitude. I was expecting him to magically read my mind and life doesn't work that way. Long story short, he got fed up with my attitude and communication between us reduced to the lowest level. We then came into an agreement that we should part ways because we were both not feeling it again. Wow. Just wow. ( "Ei this girl". I know that's what some people will be saying in their minds. I beg. Allow. Just allow.)


On the 31st of December 2020 in the morning, I made some resolutions and effective communication was part of them. I told myself that I will endeavour to make an intentional effort to say my mind without feeling shy, fearful or being too considerate of the other person's feelings. Let me make something clear about the latter, there are times when you feel you can't communicate with someone about an issue because of how they will feel. But sis, you need to say it. Just apply emotional intelligence. In other words, use polite words and not hurtful words. Try and be honest and frank as possible but do it in love. Avoid being aggressive and rude. Remember that in communication, it is imperative that the other person decodes your message and so try to relay it in a more simpler way. (Hiiiiii to my mass communication people)


So as I said earlier, I said to myself that I will communicate more this year and beyond and I'm proud to say that I've started. To be honest, it is really helping. So I was supposed to do something for someone and I went to the person's place to offer my service. I went there early in the morning thus, I wasn't able to have breakfast. (If you know me, you know I don't joke with my food). Can you believe I went there and I was treated in an undesirable manner. The person I was going to offer my service to was busy, didn't have time for me, the people around didn't even notice my presence and a whole lot of crap. I was there till 3pm and still nothing. You might not know how I felt that day because I suck in recounting stories but I was just distressed. I was really hungry and angry. I was mad, like hell mad. I just didn't see the point of inviting me over and leaving me stranded. Long story short, it turned out that my service was not even needed again. So you see, I wasted my money for transportation and deprived my stomach of food just because I wanted to help. I started crying silently and insulting the person in my head. (I'm sorry but I did that) Plus I didn't even know the area very well. I had planned to leave there and then call when I get home to angrily say mind. I ordered for an uber and when after 5 seconds the car moved, I saw the person talking to someone. I remembered to try and communicate effectively so I told the driver to stop for me to see someone. I went over to the person and spoke properly to the person. The person apologized and explained himself. He even said he will pay for the service I couldn't offer and my transportation as well. I was relieved(not the money part please).

(I beg I'm almost done).

I was relieved in the sense that I got to talk to the person about how I felt and how he mistreated me. I took that burden off me and that was a great relief. Moral of the story, if you don't try to tell somebody about what they are doing to you which you don't like, you will suffer. (My Ghanaian brothers will tell you in our local language: "mo mo mo mo mona mo bl333333) You will slowly be dying inside. Learn to say your mind. If I'm fond of doing something you disapprove of to you and you don't tell me, how would I know??. I will keep on doing it and I will not even have the slightest idea of your pain. You will be suffering and I will not even know. And I'm not sure you came in this world to intentionally suffer. No. So say it. Don't be shy. Don't fear anyone. It's all about you. Not them. When you feel like talking about something, say it.

If you do something and I tell you my mind, don't let it worry you that much. It's normal. And yes. I'm not there yet. It's small small. There are still a lot of things I need to tell some people, just that I'm still watching them. I know you can do it. End that pain, save that relationship, help someone, C O M M U N I C A T E.


See you all next weekend.

Love❤,
Angel.




Comments

  1. You're right Krobogirl. At times keeping silent is not the best.
    They will understand you more when you speak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Standing Ovation* πŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ’—πŸ’—

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks dear all you said was very true ,inadequate communication is killing us gradually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the good work... Lovely piece

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 THINGS I WOULD BRING TO A DESERTED ISLAND

TOP 5 ADVICES I HAVE EVER BEEN GIVEN. (THE BEST)

A DAY I WILL NEVER FORGET